A Few Important Questions for Sellers
Brian Morgenweck August 7, 2011 A Few Important Questions For Sellers Here’s a list of questions for sellers considering working with me. It’s so important for you and your broker or agent to be on the same page about what YOUR goals are, but so often, many of these questions are never asked, which could certainly lead to an outcome that’s not so desirable. While there are many similarities, every scenario is different in many ways as well. Rest assured, many of the answers to these questions will be confidential between you & whomever represents you. It STAYS that way with me! ...It all comes down to what’s most important to YOU.
- Are you 100% sure you want to sell? (not just list...close & reach your goal)
- Are you ready, willing, and able to sell?
- What’s most important to you? (time, money, stress-free, smooth & effective communication, all of the above)
- What’s your desired timeline?
- What do you think your home should sell for?
- Is there anything you know of that would prevent the home from selling or might cause some kind of roadblock along the way?
- Why do you want to sell? What’s your motivation? (Do you want or need a larger home, a smaller home, is your job relocating, do you want to be closer to family or friends...or further away, is the family growing or getting smaller, is there a job loss, marriage, divorce...people usually move because of things that happen in their lives, not just on a whim. Again, some sensitive & ALL confidential. But, it all helps to tailor the best way to market your home & handle your situation.)
- Do you realize the absolute importance of pricing the property correctly right from the start?
- Do you understand how correct or incorrect pricing will affect every other aspect? (from the amount of money you net, to time, stress, marketability, and the very likelihood a sale will take place)
- What are your expectations of a broker or Realtor? (being candid & honest with you, effective negotiating talent, tech-savvy marketing mastery, a keen understanding of the entire transaction process, communication skills, pricing competence, the ability to expose & showcase your property to targeted, qualified buyers & facilitate a transaction... Hint: It should be "All of the above".)
- Again... Are you 100% sure you want to sell?
I’m 100% sure about getting results & getting you to where you want to be. I need you to be all-in & committed, too. I want you to enjoy working with me, as well as reaching your goals. When we’re sure we’re on the same page, both will happen. A Few Important Questions For Sellers
- Are you sure you want to work with me?